LAST UPDATED: April 1, 2019
It's been said many times before that Dark Yellow Dot can't exist without the support of our artists and valued fans, which is why we continue to take the precautions necessary to protect your private information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We reserve the right to modify this document at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
What type of information is collected?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. This includes the information you directly and voluntarily input on our application/submission forms, in addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; e-mail address; computer and connection information, browser, device and country. We may use Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We may use links affiliated with third party websites or blogs, in which case if a visitor clicks through to purchase items, we collect a small monetary commission on said item at no additional cost to the visitor. We also collect personally identifiable information; payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, recommendations.
How do you collect information?
When you submit information via our application forms, or email, or private message; as well as when you conduct a transaction on our website or via PayPal, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Why do you collect this personal information?
- To provide and operate our main Services in collecting, promoting and featuring your artwork on the internet;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalised service-related notices, notifications and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How do you store, use, share and disclose your site visitors' information?
How do you communicate with your site visitors?
We may contact you via email, Instagram, Facebook,Twitter, or any Social Media and Direct Messaging. We may notify you regarding your application submissions, or payments, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send news and updates about our organisation, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you.
- Determine which domain to measure
- Distinguish unique users
- Throttle the request rate
- Remember the number and time of previous visits
- Remember traffic source information
- Determine the start and end of a session
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
How can site visitors' withdraw their consent?
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How is the artwork used, contributed and respected?
General Terms and Prohibitions
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material that: you do not own, infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; harms minors in any way; or promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Site, or any individual element within the Site, Dark Yellow Dot's name, any Dark Yellow Dot trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, to represent it as your own and/or without consent from Dark Yellow Dot.
Use the Site, Services, Dark Yellow Dot Content or Artist Content (other than your own) for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party in any manner not otherwise permitted by these Terms.
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services, Dark Yellow Dot Content or Artist Content
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site or Services from other users of the Site or Services without their express permission
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the above.