20 Motivating Quotes That Will Inspire Any Artist
Heads up: This post may contain affiliate links, so if you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks!
Sometimes, you just need some motivation and a few words of encouragement to remind you that you're on the right track. When things are not going the way you thought, or when things are feeling like they're falling off track a bit, you might need a little reminder that this feeling is simply a moment that can shift into the next moment, and how you choose to feel in the next moment is entirely up to you.
Before you can achieve your goals, you have to decide what it is you want, and what it is you will no longer tolerate. Often times we are the biggest thing in our own way.
Lately, I've been very aware about setting boundaries around the things I value. The most important thing being Time. Think about what you spend your time doing, who you spend your time with, and what you spend you time thinking about - and trim away the things that do not serve you well.
Clearing your time to focus on positive things that you value, will only help you become a better you, and when you're a better you, you can create better things, which can contribute to a better environment for you and others.
Here are some words of wisdom, both new and old, to help you remember why you started whatever you started, and to keep going. Read them, say them, think them, rinse and repeat.
1. "Choose to positive, it feels better."
2. "Who you are tomorrow, begins with what you do today." - Tim Fargo
3. "You have so much but are always hungry for more. Stop looking up at everything you don't have and look around at everything you do." - Rupi Kaur
4. "Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist" - Pablo Picasso
5. "You can't use up creativity. The more you use the more you have." - Maya Angelou
6. "You'll turn out ordinary if you're not careful" - Ann Brashares
7. " Exhale the bullshit"
8. My mission in life is not merely to survive but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, same humour and some style." - Maya Angelou
9. "To live a life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce
10. "You were born an original. Don't die a copy." - John Mason
11. "You are allowed to be multi-passionate, multi-purposed, and multi-talented. Your soul is not linear, stop expecting your path to be." via @namastejenay
12. "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - A.A. Milne
13. "There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind" - C.S. Lewis
14. "Talent is good. Practice is better. Passion is best." - Frank Lloyd Wright
15. "Nobody is perfect, thats why pencils have erasers." via @plesnistudiofever
16. "Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso
17. I like to surround myself with creative people. They love life in such a contagious way that can't often be put into words." via @you42official
18. "When I say artist, I mean the one who is building things... some with a brush, some with a shovel, some choose a pen." - Jackson Pollock
19. "When you buy something from an artist, you're buying more than an object. You're buying hundreds of hours of errors and experimentation. You're buying years of frustration and moments of joy. You're not buying just one thing, you are buying a piece of heart, a piece of a soul... A small piece of someone else's life." via the @thewilddoodler
20. A true artist is not one who is inspired but one who inspires others. - Salvador Dali
What's your favourite quote?
If you were inspired by these quotes, share it with a friend who may need some inspiration today.
Join out Mail Squad and look out for new posts and art opportunities.
Do you have art you'd like to share with us? A favourite quote? We’re on a featuring frenzy over on Instagram! We feature new artists everyday on @DarkYellowDot, so give us a follow and tag your art posts with #darkyellowdot OR you can submit your art here to be featured right on our website.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lauren was born in London, but grew up in Canada where she received her degrees with distinction in Fine Arts and Education. Now she's back, she continues her work in creative arts by making art and teaching it, while developing opportunities for early career artists by creating and running the online platform Dark Yellow Dot.